Kybella is a non-surgical, non-invasive injection treatment that works to eliminate unwanted fat. Kybella permanently reduces submental fat under the chin and in body areas, such as the outer thighs, mons pubis, bra fat, or knees.
As you are undoubtedly informed, fat accumulates due to aging, weight gain, or genetics. Surgical treatments, such as facelifts, neck lifts, and liposuction, used to be the only solutions for removing fat beneath the chin and other body areas. Well, chin up because we now have Kybella™ — the revolutionary non-surgical treatment that permanently melts undesirable fat!
What is Kybella?
Kybella injection is the first and only FDA-approved non-invasive treatment for permanently eliminating the double chin—unwanted fat (submental fat) below the chin. Experienced practitioners often use Kybella off-label to reduce fat in other body areas.
We utilize Kybella injections to reduce fat in areas such as
- beneath the chin
- outer thighs
- mons pubis
- bra fat
The active ingredient in Kybella which is synthetically identical to deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected properly, Kybella™ dissolves and destroys fat cells, restoring and transforming structure and contours. Once eliminated, those cells can never again store or accumulate fat.
Kybella treatment is highly effective and safe Kybella permanently dissolves excess fat to enhance your facial profile and body contours. It may also benefit those seeking a non-surgical solution to eliminate fatty lipomas.
What Results to Expect:
- Quick Treatment: 30-45 minutes
- Little to No Downtime: you can return to your regularactivities as soon as you’re comfortable.
- Effective Results: proven effective and allows patients to get rid of excess fat without surgery.
- Permanent Results: Eliminated fat cells do not regenerate.
- Non-Surgical Procedure: Kybella is a non-invasive, non-surgical procedure that does not require incisions.
How Long Will Results Last?
The results of the Kybella treatment are permanent. Once the injectable dissolves the designated fat cells, they will not regenerate. However, patients must maintain a healthy weight after the procedure. Results are noticeable within three to four days after treatment, with full results developing gradually over four to six months.
How the Procedure Works
At Nazarian Plastic Surgery, your Kybella specialist will customize your treatment based on the amount of fat and your desired facial profile or body contours. Your provider will proceed to schedule your treatment sessions and the series of injections.
Most of our patients have experienced visible contouring of their chin profile, bra line, or legs in just 2-4 treatment sessions scheduled about a month apart. For the best possible outcome, you may require six treatment sessions. After completing your treatment plan, no further treatments are necessary as the Kybella treatment provides permanent results.
Before & Preparation
- Schedule your appointment at least two weeks before special occasions, events, or vacations.
- Stop using aspirin, NSAIDs (Aleve, Motrin, etc.), fish/flax oil, or other blood thinning supplements one week before treatment.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, refined carbohydrates, high sodium, high sugar, and spicy foods for 24-48 hours before treatment to reduce the risk of swelling and irritation.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you develop a cold, flu, infection, blemish, or rash on the treatment area.
- Your provider will assist you in coordinating Kybella treatments with other cosmetic modalities if necessary.
- If you are highly sensitive to pain or discomfort, we can pre-numb the treatment area. Apply thirty minutes before your treatment for the best effects.
During the Procedure
- Your provider will administer multiple injections into the treatment area.
- The number of injections will depend on the amount of fat in the treatment area and your desired profile.
- The entire procedure typically takes 30-45 minutes but may take longer, depending on the size of the treatment area(s).
- Anesthetics are not required, but your provider may apply a local anesthetic to reduce discomfort.
Aftercare & Recovery
- Apply a cold compress to the treatment area in 20-minute intervals to reduce post-treatment irritation.
- Use Arnica to reduce discomfort, swelling, and bruising.
- Sleep on your back with the head elevated for 3-5 days after treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise, direct sun exposure, and heat exposure for 3-5 days following treatment.
- Drink plenty of fluids and remain hydrated after treatment.
- Please inform your provider immediately if you experience rare adverse side effects, such as an asymmetric smile or facial muscle weakness, skin ulceration in the treatment area, or difficulty swallowing.
Kybella can effectively reduce the amount of excess fat in various body areas, including:
- Beneath the chin
- Outer thighs
- Mons pubis
- Bra fat
Am I a Good Candidate for Kybella?
All adults in overall good health, with good skin elasticity and no allergies to the active ingredients, make an ideal candidate for the Kybella treatment. Kybella may benefit anyone looking to reduce excess fat in areas that diet and exercise have not been able to achieve.
Typical Age: 21 or older
Side Effects & Risks
Common side effects after Kybella treatment may include:
- Slight Bruising
- Mild Pain
- Hardened Skin around the Injection Site
Be sure to get in touch with your provider immediately if you experience rare adverse side effects such as:
- Trouble Eating
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Severe Bruising
- Muscle Weakness
- Hair Loss at Injection Site
One of the most flattering things of a person’s profile is having a chiseled, defined chin. If you have excess fat under your chin or a double chin, then you may feel a bit self-conscious about your profile and overall appearance. But, unless you want to undergo surgery, you may think that you are stuck with your double chin. One thing that you may not realize is that you have another option to choose from including an injection called Kybella.
What Is Kybella?
Kybella is an FDA approved injectable that is designed to help destroy fat cells under the chin. Once Kybella is injected into the fat under the chin it works to dissolve the fat and leave you with a more defined profile.
How Many Kybella Treatments Will I need?
During your initial consultation with our staff, we will better be able to determine just how many treatments you will need. You may receive a total of six treatments, but on average, patients see visible results in just two to four treatments spaced one month apart.
Is Kybella Right for Me?
Typically, Kybella is good for patients who are otherwise healthy and who: • Are bothered by the fat under their chin • Feel like their double chin makes them look older or heavier set than they actually are • Don’t want to go through surgery • Eat well and exercise a lot but can’t get rid of their double chin
How Does Kybella Work?
The main ingredient in Kybella is synthetic deoxycholic acid which works to naturally breakdown and absorb dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath the chin, Kybella works to destroy the fat cells and give patients a noticeably thinner profile.
How Many People Have Been Treated With Kybella?
Kybella has been the central focus in over 20 clinical studies in which more than 1600 people were treated.
How Long Does Kybella Last For?
One of the many benefits of Kybella, is that because it works to actually destroy existing fat cells, results should be permanent and no further treatment may be necessary for maintenance.
Is Kybella Expensive?
The cost of Kybella varies from provider to provider but if you want to save money on the overall cost of Kybella then enroll in the Brilliant Distinctions Rewards Program which will allow you to earn points on each treatment and redeem them for savings on future treatments.
What Are The Side Effects of Kybella?
The most common side effects of Kybella are swelling, pain, numbness, bruising, redness, and hardness around the treatment site. Additionally, some patients experience problems such as ulcers, hair loss, bruising, trouble swallowing, injury to the jaw that can cause an uneven smile or facial weakness, and necrosis around the injection site. Does Kybella sound like something that you are interested in learning a little more about? Schedule your Kybella consultation and call our office today!